INDICATIONS FOR REFERRAL FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSISTANCE
The basis for referral for psychological assistance in the psychological office of the US BOPB “Gorodishche” is the patient’s own or a specialist doctor’s detection of the patient’s psychological problems and (or) the need to overcome the consequences of crisis situations if the patient wishes to receive such assistance.
Referral for psychological assistance is provided if necessary:
assessment of individual psychological characteristics of the person, disturbed and preserved aspects of the patient’s psyche;
– psychological counseling aimed at resolving psychological problems and developing the patient’s personality;
– psychological correction of the patient’s behavior and personal characteristics that lead to psychological problems;
– psychological prevention aimed at timely prevention of possible violations in the formation and development of the patient’s personality and interpersonal relationships;
– overcoming the consequences of crisis situations suffered by the patient.
Psychologist Shugailo A. G
Experimental psychological diagnostics
Provision of psychological assistance
in the psychological office
Brest regional psychiatric HOSPITAL
1. The psychological office is a structural division
health care institutions ” Brest regional psychiatric hospital “Gorodishche»
2. The main tasks of the psychological office are:
– providing psychological assistance to citizens aimed at helping patients to prevent and resolve psychological problems;
– overcoming the consequences of crisis situations, including by activating citizens ‘ own capabilities for self-prevention and resolution of emerging psychological problems,
– overcoming the consequences of crisis situations and creating the necessary conditions for this,
– informing patients about the causes of psychological problems and ways and means of their prevention and resolution,
– personal development, self-improvement and self-realization; providing psychological assistance to patients in the framework of medical care, aimed, inter alia, at: improving the effectiveness of treatment and medical rehabilitation;
prevention of disability of patients;
reducing the severity of negative psychological consequences of the disease;
maintaining and restoring the patient’s personal, labor and social status.
3. In accordance with the main tasks of the psychological office
performs the following functions:
conducting psychological consultations for people with mental and behavioral disorders, as well as for healthy people with psychological problems;
implementation of psychological diagnostics in order to determine the structure and severity of mental and behavioral disorders, as well as to identify preserved mental functions;
conducting psychological correction aimed at correcting the features of the citizen’s (patient’s) personality and behavior;
participation in the development of individual rehabilitation programs together with the attending physician of the citizen (patient).
4. The psychological office is equipped with a number of psychologists,
including those who have passed training (retraining, promotion
qualifications) in medical psychology, as well as medical
nurses in accordance with current staff regulations. The activity of the psychological office is managed by a psychologist who works in it.
5. A psychologist who works in a psychological office:
– performs professional activities in accordance with the tasks and functions of the psychological office;
– directly reports to the head of the health organization and his Deputy for the medical part, if there is a psychological Department (Department) in the structure of the health organization – to the head of the psychological Department (Department);
– organizes the work of the psychological office and is personally responsible for the timely and high-quality implementation of the functions of the psychological office;
– distributes responsibilities among employees of the psychological office;
– makes proposals to improve the organization of the psychological office in accordance with the established procedure;
– develops a plan of activity of the psychological office for a year, which is submitted for approval to the head of the health organization, and if there is a psychological Department – and its head;
– collects and analyzes statistical information about the work of the psychological office with the provision of final results to the head of the health organization, and if there is a psychological Department ( Department) – its head.
6. Organizational and methodological assistance to the psychologist is provided by: Deputy chief physician for the medical part of the hospital, head of the psychological Department (Department) (if available),
chief freelance medical psychologist of the Department of health
7. Equipment of the psychological office is made in
compliance with the approximate equipment report card.
8. Psychological assistance to patients is provided when they are referred by specialist doctors, indicating the purpose of the referral and the code of the disease. When sending a patient for psychological assistance, the psychologist, along with the referral, is provided with a medical card of an outpatient (inpatient) patient (hereinafter – the medical card).
9. Psychological assistance is also provided for
independent treatment of citizens (patients) for the provision of
psychological assistance in the health care organization.
10. If necessary, psychological assistance is provided in several sessions (for several visits).Based on the goals of providing psychological assistance, their professional competence, individual psychological characteristics of the citizen (patient) and his condition, the psychologist independently selects methods and techniques for providing psychological assistance and applies them in accordance with the established procedure.