Health care institution ” Brest regional psychiatric hospital “Gorodishche»
Address: 225731, Brest region, Pinsky district, d. Gorodishche, ul..Leonenko, 1.
Tel. / Fax: (80165)67-45-58
Chief doctor-Rybak Alexander Romanovich.
The purpose of the institution is to provide qualified medical care to persons suffering from mental disorders, protect their rights and legitimate interests, and protect society from socially dangerous actions.
The institution serves residents of Pinsk, Pinsky, luninetsky, Stolinsky, and Ivanovo districts.
The hospital is located at the address: d. Gorodishche Pinsk district, Brest region.
Operating hours of the institution
The administrative building of the Brest region, Pinsk district, Settlement, street.Leonenko, 1. Mon-Fri. 8.45-17.05
The emergency Department every day, around the clock
AND STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT OF THE BREST REGIONAL PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL
HOSPITAL “THE SETTLEMENT” IN PINSK DISTRICT
In 1655, Trotsky’s Castellan Karl Kopet built a large Church and monastic buildings for Benedictine monks who came from Italy. The monastery was famous for its rich architecture and frescoes painted in the 18th century by the painter Luka Gogol. In 1843, the tsarist government confiscated the monastic estates, and in 1865 the monastery was liquidated. In 1914, the Church was transferred to the Catholics. Updating it took Constance Skirmunt and Iosefa Merganetta . In 1944, the Church was destroyed by the Nazis.
At the end of the war, in the conditions of economic ruin and disrupted domestic order, it became necessary to care for and care for mental patients . Therefore, on the territory of present Brest region at the beginning and the former Baranovichi region was opened a psychiatric hospital, “Crankshaft”, the former Pinsk region in 1948 established a mental hospital “the Settlement”, and on the territory of the Brest oblast psychiatric hospital “Mogilevtsy”.
Regional psychiatric hospital in the town of Horodysche is opened in accordance with the decision No. 359 of the Executive Committee of Pinsk regional Council of deputies as of June 28, 1948, which stated: “in accordance with the planned deployment of the medical network in the region in 1948, the Executive Committee of Pinsk regional Council of deputies decided to open in the town of Gorodishche of Pinsk rural district of the regional psychiatric hospital with 30 beds on the basis of gorodishchensky rural hospitals. Gorodishchensky rural hospital with 20 beds to place in the village Parokhonsk and Namesevice made for 10 beds. Oblige the regional health Department to repair the building of the mental hospital and provide it with all necessary equipment within 3 months before September 15. Oblige the regional Federal district to provide uninterrupted financing for a mental hospital.
In accordance with this decision, the first chief doctor of the hospital bovkevich Nina Yakovlevna who calls herself in the orders of the head. by order of June 1, the mental hospital employs Yelizarova Evdokia Grigoryevna as an accountant, Karp Lukyanovich Prokopchuk as a caretaker, and Tatyana Ivanovna Konatush, a nurse who is sent to a laboratory assistant course for a period of 2 months, as a watchman for Ivan Grigoryevich Shchelak. And in September 1948, a psychiatric hospital with 28 beds was opened in the preserved residential building of the Benedictine monks. This ancient building has been declared an architectural monument of the XVIII century and currently documents for restoration have been prepared. The first chief doctor bovkevich Nina Yakovlevna worked in this position exactly from 01.07.1949 to 01.07.1950. Since June 1950, the hospital was headed by Ivan Kurochkin, under whom the hospital received an increase in the bed Fund, new personnel came to it, who later headed various psychiatric services in the Republic. During this period, the hospital’s bed capacity increased to 80 beds. From October 18, 1962 to April 20, 1966, the hospital was headed by Anatoly bortnitsky, later the chief doctor of the Republican Novosti hospital. During the 4-year period of work in our hospital, he significantly strengthened its material base – this is the x-ray room, food hall and storage facilities. The hospital has expanded to 240 beds. In 1966, Alexander Leonenko was appointed chief doctor of the Gorodishche psychiatric hospital. he was a man of incredible determination in achieving the intended goal and dedication to his work: health care, organization of life and treatment of patients, organization of the principles of functioning of the hospital. During its operation in 1966, the hospital had 305 beds.
in 1977 – 360 beds
in 1982 – 380 beds
in 1984, 420 beds
Intensive construction was carried out, building up the material base: in 1966 – a warehouse, in 1971 – the building of the PLM, in 1977 – a boiler room, in 1977 – a gym, in 1979 – a club, a reception room, in 1983 – a two-story medical building. It formed a team of doctors who work to this day. The hospital was transformed both materially and qualitatively, and the principles of humane treatment of a mentally ill person were developed. After the death of Alexander Yemelyanovich 10.08.1984, the street along which we pass to the hospital is named after him, as indicated in the book “their names are called streets”. From August 1984 to February 1985, the duties of the chief doctor of the mental hospital were assigned to Mikhail Basevich, who had been working since 1966 . Since February 1985, the chief doctor of the mental hospital worked Evtukhovich Dmitry Georgievich-a psychiatrist of the highest category, who before being appointed to this position since 1981 worked as the head of the Department of the mental hospital, was the Chairman of the trade Union Committee. From December 2011 to the present, Rybak Alexander Romanovich is the chief doctor of the hospital.
During this period, in accordance with sanitary standards, the hospital has significantly improved its material base. The emergency room has been expanded to meet all sanitary and hygienic requirements. The new corresponding hygienic standards of premises were obtained by a clinical laboratory, a dental office, a CSO, a physical laboratory, and the necessary standard set of premises for all 5 departments. In 1987, the 2-storey administrative building of the hospital was put into operation, and the former administration building was transferred to the PLM.
In 1995-1996, treatment facilities were built at the expense of extra-budgetary funds for the environment. In 2002, a new boiler house was put into operation, and the building of the old boiler house was reconstructed for washing in 2007. This year, major repairs of the 2-storey medical building and the hospital club with an emergency room were completed.
In order to improve the treatment process to activate patients in the daytime and remove them from the departments, the hospital has a gym and a medical rehabilitation Department. Every day, 77 hospital patients are involved in occupational therapy at the LPM.
Medical and industrial labor workshops at the hospital “Gorodishche” are the oldest in the Republic.
The hospital always takes an active part in the public life of the city, district, region.
In 1991, on the 5th anniversary of the Chernobyl tragedy, the 1st Republican Congress of psychiatrists on the impact of the Chernobyl aggression on the mental health of the population of the Republic of Belarus was held on the basis of the Gorodishche mental hospital.
In June 1998, together with the Pinsk psych and drug dispensary, the hospital was a co-organizer of the Republican meeting on psychiatry on the territory of Pinsk and Pinsk district. The hospital service region includes Pinsk, Pinsky, Ivanovsky, Stolinsky, luninetsky districts, with a total population of about 400 thousand inhabitants, which causes a sufficient intensive functioning of the hospital with its current 230 bed capacity.
Over the 60-year history, the hospital has developed a stable team of employees, many of whom belong to related surnames, family members in the 2nd generation, and in some cases, in the 3rd generation.
Veterans who have gone on vacation do not forget the way to the hospital, make requests and wishes, and annually gather at the hospital On the day of the elderly.